No Interview Requirement at Junior Level Posts INCLUDING Group- C and Group- D in the Government of India.
No 39020/01/2013-Estt (B)-Part
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated the 29th December, 2015
Subject:- Discontinuation of Interview at Junior Level Posts in the Government of India- recommendation of Committee of Secretaries.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s D.O. of even number dated 04.09.2015 and subsequent OM’s dated 09th October, 2015, 09th November, 2015 on the above subject seeking detailed information on the progress made/action taken in the matter.
2. It is informed that Secretary (Personnel) had convened meetings on 14th December, 2015 and 17th December, 2015 to review the progress of implementation of the “No Interview Requirement Proposal” and to get the updated status on the decision/progress made by the various Ministries/Departments. Keeping in view the queries raised by the representative of various Ministries/Departments the following is once again clarified:-
(a) The decision to discontinue interview for recruitments is for all Group ‘C’, Group (which are now reclassified as Group ‘C’) Posts and for nongazetted posts of Group ‘B’ Category and all such equivalent posts.
(b) The ‘No Interview Requirement” proposal has to be implemented for all the junior level posts in Government of India Ministries/Departments/attached Office/Subordinate Office/Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertakings.
(c) Instructions issued by the Department of Public Enterprises on 14 th December, 2015 vide OM No. DPE-GM to all Administrative Ministries concerned with CPSES under them with advice to dispense with the practice of interview (copy enclosed).
(d) The timelines set regarding completing the process of the discontinuation of interview by 31.12.2015 has to be adhered to strictly. From 01 st January, 2016 there will be no recruitment with interview at the junior level posts as mentioned at 2(a) above, in Government of India
Ministries / Departments / attached Office / Subordinate Office / Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector Undertakings. All the advertisement for future vacancies will be without the Interview as part of the recruitment process.
(e) The interviews will be done away even in cases where in the past the selections used to be made purely on the basis of performance in the interview. The Ministries/Departments/Organizations’ will consider revising the scheme for selection for such cases.
(f) It is also clarified that as Skill Test or Physical Test is different from Interview, and they may continue. However, these tests will only be of qualifying nature. Assessment will not be done on the basis of marks for such tests.
(g) In case of specific posts where the :Ministry/Departments wants to continue undertaking Interview as a process of recruitment, a detailed proposal seeking exemption will have to be sent to the DoPT with the approval of the Minister/Minister In-Charge.
3. All the Oentral Ministries/Departments are therefore requested to ensure that necessary action in respect of their Ministry/Department/Organizations are completed within the stipulated time.
A consolidated report with the details of the decision taken/progress made in this regard should also be furnished to this Department at the earliest and not later than 7th January, 2016. Report so to be furnished with the approval of the Minister/Minister In-Charge shall include the details of the name and number of posts where the interview is discontinued and posts for which the exemption has been sought within the purview of the administrative Ministries/Departments.
4. A soft copy of the consolidated information may also be sent to this Department at sumita.singhnic.in
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Discontinuation of interview, for recruitment to Non-Executive posts in CPSEs
Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
Department of Public Enterprises
Public Enterprises Shaven,
Block No. 14, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003.
Dated: 14th December, 2015
Subject: Discontinuation of interview, for recruitment to Non-Executive posts in CPSEs-reg.
The Department of Public Enterprises has been emphasizing from time to time on the need for formulation of proper recruitment and management policies by Public Enterprises which are in conformity with the latest policies / decisions taken by the Government. This requires a periodical review of Recruitment Rules, CDA Rules and Service Rules so that they are in line with the extant instructions of the Government on personnel management.
2. Recently it has been decided by DoPT to dispense with the practice of interview for all Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts and non-Gazetted posts of Group ‘B’ category. Accordingly those cases where recruitment rules of above categories of posts specify the process of selection through interview, the authorities concerned are required to amend the recruitment rules immediately.
3. In pursuance of the above decision of the Government, all Ministries/Departments are requested to ad\iise the CPSEs under their administrative control to adopt a revised mechanism of recruitment for the non-executive level posts by dispensing with the practice of interview for such posts by effecting suitable amendments to the existing Recruitment Rules, wherever necessary. In case for any particular post, interview is considered essential, the clearance of administrative Ministry/Department of the concerned CPSE would need to be obtained by the CPSE or alternatively CPSEs may adopt alternate modalities to assess the required skills for, recruitment to such posts in consultation with concerned administrative Ministry/Department.
4. The completion of the above exercise may be done by 31-12-2015 and a compliance report to this effect be submitted to DPE by the concerned administrative Ministry/Department by 07-01-2016.
(J. N. Prasad)