National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Grant of financial up-gradation under MACPS to the Technical Supervisors of DC Traction and presently working as JE/SSE.
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM Item No. 46/2015.
(ii) NFIR’s letter No. IV/MACS/09 dated 22/02/2010.
(iii) Railway Board’s letter No. PC-V/2010/ACP/Misc/1 dated 10/08/2010 & 23/08/2012.
(iv) NFIR’s letter No. IV/MACPS/09/Part 5 dated 21/07/2012.
(v) NFIR’s letter No. IV/MACPS/09/Part 8 dated 13/01/2014.
The subject matter has been raised by the Federation in the PNM fora under item no. 46/2015, discussion on which could not take place in the last PNM meeting of NFIR held with the Railway Board on 08th/09th October 2015 and also in the special meeting held on 23/11/2015 due to paucity of time.
2. NFIR, however, re-iterates the following key points for review of the incorrect decision taken by the Railway Board in the past:-
• Consequent to submission of proposal by the General Manager, Central Railway, Railway Board vide letter No.PC-III/83/UPG/3 dated 21/06/1985, the competent authority had approved redesignation of the post of operators in DC Traction Sub-station in Scale Rs. 425-700 as Chargeman (Operation), presently JE with further instructions to cover this category under the restructuring orders effective from 01/05/1984.
• The 5th CPC had recommended replacement Pay Scale of Rs. 5000-8000 w.e.f. 01/01/1996. The Scale of Rs. 5000-8000 got merged later on with 5500-9000 as a result of implementation of VI CPC Pay Structure, consequently Grade Pay 4200/- (PB-2) was allotted with effect from 01/01/2006.
• The entry Grade Pay of these staff at present is GP 4200/- (PB-2) with further avenue in GP 4600/- and on completion of 20/30 years of service without promotion, they are eligible for benefit under MACPS in GP 4800/- & 5400/- respectively.
• The condition No.5 circulated by the Railway Board vide letter No PC-V/2009/ACP/2 dated 10-06-2009 states that promotions earned in the past to those grades which now carry a same Grade Pay due to merger of Pay Scales recommended by the 6th Pay Commission shall be ignored for the purpose of granting up-gradation under MACPS.
3. The issue raised by the Federation under PNM Item No.46/2015 is fully supported by the extant rules on the subject, therefore the Technical Supervisors of DC Traction who are presently working as JE/SSE are eligible for financial up-gradation as mentioned above. It is worth-mentioning that the benefit of MACPS to similarly situated staff has already been granted on some zones, while there is reluctance on the part of remaining Zonal Railways to extend similar benefits to the concerned staff.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railways Board to issue instructions to the Zonal Railways for granting financial up-gradation to the Chargemen (Operation) DCC traction/JE in GP 4600/-,4800/- & 5400/- on completion of 10,20 & 30 years. A copy of the instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.