Setting up of Anomaly Committee to settle the Anomalies arising out of the implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission's recommendations
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 16th August, 2016
Subject: Setting up of Anomaly Committee to settle the Anomalies arising out of the implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission's recommendations.
The undersigned is directed to say that it has been decided that Anomaly Committees should be set up, consisting of representatives of the Officials Side and the Staff Side to settle the anomalies arising out of the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission's recommendations, subject to the following conditions, namely:
(1) Definition of Anomaly
Anomaly will include the following cases:
(a) where the Official Side and the Staff Side are of the opinion that any recommendation is in contravention of the principle or the policy enunciated by the Seventh Central Pay Commission itself without the Commission assigning any reason; and
(b) where the maximum of the Level in the Pay Matrix corresponding to the applicable Grade Pay in the Pay Band under the pre-revised structure, as notified vide CCS (RP) Rules 2016, is less than the amount an employee is entitled to be fixed at, as per the formula for fixation of pay contained in the said Rules".
There will be two levels of Anomaly Committees, National and Departmental, consisting of representatives of the Official Side and the Staff Side of the National Council and the Departmental Council respectively.
(3) The Departmental Anomaly Committee may be chaired by the Additional Secretary (Admn.) or the Joint Secretary (Admn.), if there is no post of Additional Secretary (Admn.). Financial Adviser of the Ministry / Department shall be one of the Member of the Departmental Anomaly Committee.
(4) The National Anomaly Committee will deal with anomalies common to two or more Departments and in respect of common categories of employees. The Departmental Anomaly Committee will deal with anomalies pertaining exclusively to the Department concerned and having no repercussions on the employees of another Ministry / Department in the opinion of the Financial Adviser.
(5) The Anomaly Committee shall receive anomalies through Secretary, Staff Side of respective Council upto six months from the date of its constitution and it will finally dispose of all the anomalies within a period of one year from the date of its constitution. Any recommendations of the Anomaly Committee to resolve the anomaly shall be subject to the approval of the Government.
(6) Cases where there is a dispute about the definition of "anomaly" and those where there is a disagreement between the Staff Side and the Official Side on the anomaly will be referred to and "Arbitrator" to be appointed out of a panel of names proposed by the two sides. However, this arbitration will not be a part of the JCM Scheme.
(7) The Arbitrator so appointed shall consider the disputed cases arising in the Anomaly Committees at the National as well as Department level.
(8) Orders regarding appointment of the Arbitrator and constitution of Anomaly Committee at National Level will be issued separately. All Ministries / Departments are accordingly requested to take urgent action to set up the Anomaly Committees for settlement of anomalies arising out of implementation of the 7th Pay Commission's recommendations, as stipulated above.
Deputy Secretary (JCA)