Allotment of GPF Account Numbers to Casual Labourers with temporary status
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Dated: 22 May, 2017
1. All CPMsG
2. All PMsG
3. Director, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National postal Academy, Ghaziabad
4. All Directors, PTC
5. All Directors, Postal Accounts
6. Controller, Foreign Mails, Mumbai
7. Heads of all other Administrative Offices.
Subject: Regarding allotment of GPF Account Numbers to Casual Labourers with temporary status.
Reference is invited to Directorate's letter No. 01-07/2016-SPB-I of even No. dated 12.09.2016 vide which clarifications in respect of Casual Labourers with temporary status were issued. The Directorate has received references from Postal Circles seeking clarification as to whether GPF account numbers should be allotted to Temporary Status Casual Labourers covered under the Scheme formulated vide Directorate's letter No. 45-95/87-SPB-I dated 12.04.1991.
2. In this regard, it is clarified that Directorate's letter No. 01-07/2016-SPR-I dated 22.07.2016 restores the provisions of the scheme as it existed prior to this Department's letter no. 45-6/2005- SPB-I dated 02.09.2005. Since, the benefit of GPF was available to temporary status Casual Labourers prior to 02.09.2005, GPF account numbers may be allotted to such Casual Labourers for the purpose of contribution in GPF including those Temporary Status Casual Labourers who have not been regularized as yet. In this context, provisions of abovesaid letter dated 12.09.2016 may also be taken into consideration.
( Satya Na ayana Dash )
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Source:- Department of Posts