7th CPC Recommendations- Exercise of Option by Officers
Brief on Exercise of Option, Form of Option and Undertaking and Message regarding Pay Fixation Proforma and Due-Drawn Statement
Brief on Exercise of Option
1. Army Officers Pay Rules 2017 on 7 CPC, have been notified under SRO 12 (E). As per Rule 5 of SRO regarding drawal of pay in revised pay structure, Officers may elect to continue to draw pay in the existing pay structure, until the date on which he earns his next or any subsequent increment in the existing pay structure, or until he ceases to hold his rank or ceases to draw pay in the existing pay structure.
2. In case an Officer has been placed in a higher grade pay or scale between the 1st day of January 2016 and the date of notification of these rules i.e. 3rd May 2017, on account of promotion or upgradation, he/she may elect to switch over to the revised pay structure from the date of such promotion or upgradation, as the case may be.
3. Option will be exercised in writing in the prescribed format so as to reach within 180 days (i.e. by 29th Oct 2017) from the date of notification of the rules (i.e. 3rd May 2017) or where revision in the existing pay structure is made by any order subsequent to the date of notification of these rules, within one hundred and eighty days of the date of such order.
4. Officers on deputation out of India as on 01/01/2016 shall exercise in writing within 180 days from the date of his taking charge of his post in India.
5. In case of suspension on the 1st day of January, 2016, the option may be exercised within 180 days of return to the duty.
Conditions for eligibility of exercising option:
(i) For the purpose of this clause the option to retain the existing pay structure under the provisos of this rule shall be admissible only in respect of one existing Pay Band and Grade Pay or scale.
(ii) The aforesaid option shall not be admissible to any Officer commissioned on or after the 1st day of January, 2016, and he shall be allowed pay only in the revised pay structure.
(iii) An undertaking as appended to the rules along with the option form will be submitted by the officer.
(iv) It is mandatory for all officers to fill and forward Form of option either from the date of implementation of 7th CPC orders i.e. 01/01/2016 or from the date of increment or from the date of promotion as the case may be and an undertaking, to this office within the stipulated time as mentioned above.
(v) Option once exercised shall be final.
FORM OF OPTION
[(See rule 6 (2)]
*1. Rank ______________ Name _________________________________________ Service No. _____________________ Branch ____________ hereby elect the revised pay structure with effect from 1st January, 2016.
*2 Rank _____________ Name _______________________________________ Service No. ____________________ Branch ____________ hereby elect to continue in Pay Band and Grade Pay of my substantive rank mentioned below until:
the date of my next increment/the date of my subsequent increment raising my pay to Rs._______________/. I vacate or cease to draw pay in the existing pay structure. The date of my promotion to ________ existing Pay Band and Grade Pay / Existing Scale _____________.
Service No. _________________
*To be scored out, if not applicable.
I hereby undertake that any excess payment that may be found to have been made as a result of incorrect fixation of pay or any excess payment detected in the light of discrepancies noticed subsequently will be refunded by me to the Government either by adjustment against future payments due to me or otherwise.
Service No. _________________
PAY FIXATION PROFORMA AND DUE DRAWN STATEMENT
Pay fixation Proforma and Due Drawn Statement in r/o affected officers will be attached to the Statement of Account for May 2017 in due course. Officers to download the same after the message regarding attachment is flashed on the website.
Pay revision orders in respect of officers of following Cops/Category not received
1. Military Nursing Services
2. National Cadet Corps
3. Re-employed Officers.
Click to View- 7th CPC- Exercise of Option by Officers