Revision of rates of Special Allowance payable to Parliament Assistants
No. A-27023/02/2017-Estt (AL)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Block No. IV, Old INU Campus
New Delhi, Dated 24.10.2017
Sub: Revision of rates of Special Allowance payable to Parliament Assistants.
The undersigned is directed to say that consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the 7th Central Pay Commission, the President is pleased to enhance the rates of Special Allowance payable to those wholly engaged in Parliament work during Parliament session by 50% from the existing levels of Rs. 1500/- and Rs. 1200/- payable to Assistants and UDCs respectively to the level of Rs. 2250/- and Rs. 1800/-.
2. The above limits would be automatically raised by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%. No separate instructions on this count would be required.
3. The allowance will be admissible at full rates for every calendar month in which the Parliament is in Session for at least 15 days in that month. For month with shorter periods, the allowance will be admissible at half the rates prescribed for the full month.
4. The allowance will be admissible during the period of regular leave.
5. Normally, the allowance will be admissible to only .one Parliament Assistant in a Ministry. Where a Ministry considers it necessary to engage more than one Parliament Assistant on full time Parliamentary duty, the prior approval of this Department will be necessary. Such additional staff will also be entitled to the Special Allowance mentioned above according to the status he/she enjoys. Where this Ministry has agreed in the past to the engagement of more than one Parliament Assistant for Parliamentary work in any Ministry, this Ministry's approval need not be obtained afresh.
6. No Overtime Allowance shall be paid to Parliament Assistants for the calendar months in which the Parliament is in Session.
7. The Special allowance referred to above will be classified as "Other Allowances"
8. These orders shall take effect from 01.07.2017.
Under Secretary to the Government of India