PCDA Circular- 594- Enhancement of Monetary Allowance attached to Jangi Inam (a Pre-Independence Gallantry Award)., Dt. 23rd Jan, 2018
OFFICE OF THE PRI. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADIGHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 594
1.The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt, Of Govt, Bank Accounts, Central Office C-7. Second Floor, Bandre- Kuria. Complex, P B No, 8143 Bandre East Mumbai- 400051.
2.All CMDs, Public Sector Banks.
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICl/ HDFCI AXIS/ IDBI Banks.
4. All Managers, CPPCs.
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal.
6.The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7.The CDA (Pb). Meerut
8. The CDA Chennai
9.The Director of Treasuries, All States.
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai.
12. The Post Master Kathua (T&K) and Camp Bell Bay
13. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer Andaman and Nicobar Administration Port Blair.
Subject : Enhancement of Monetary Allowance attached to Jangi Inam (a Pre-Independence Gallantry Award)
Reference: This office Circular No, 463 dated 21.06,2011.
A copy of GOI, MoD letter No. 7(62)/2014-D(AG) dated 04.12.2017 on the above subject is enclosed herewith for further necessary action at your end.
2. With the issue of ibid Govt. order, the rate of ‘Jangi Inam’ has been enhanced to Rs. 1000/- (Rs. One Thousand only) p.m. to all categories of Jangi Awardees and their legal heirs of World War I (two lives) and World War II (One life only).
3. The other terms and conditions governing the grant of “Jangi Inam’ will remain unchanged.
4. These orders will take effect from 01.08.2017
5.The payment of ‘Jangi Inam’ at enhanced rate will be subject to ad other conditions governing the payment of Gallantry Award. The payment may please be made at the enhanced rate after determining the eligibility in each case by a careful scrutiny of PPO notifying the award.
Source:-Click to view PCDA Circular- 594