Record of proceedings of the workshop for retiring employees on “SANKALP and ANUBHAV” Award Function held on 19th February, 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
1. The Workshop for retiring employees on “SANKALP & ANUBHAV” was conducted on 19th Feb, 2016 at Hall No. 6, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi under the auspices of Hon’ble MOS (PP). Around 400 participants attended the Workshop.
2. At the outset, Joint Secretary (Pension) welcomed the participants and set the context of the workshop that right perspective towards retirement will be the most crucial factor in their post-retirement life. This department has a vision of a life of dignity and respect for the pensioners and they play an important role in its fulfilment by preparing themselves to lead a healthy and happy life. She urged the retiring employees to share their experience with the Govt. for the larger benefit of the society as well as for betterment of the governance.
3. Secretary (Pension) also welcomed the participants and encouraged them to continue their life after retirement with energy, rigour and regimen of pre-retirement life. He emphasised that the retiring employees are bubbling with ideas and want to contribute as active citizens even after retirement. He added that even after retirement, the pensioners should seek purpose of life in daily routine. He also stated that the active and energetic person never decays. Secretary also gave examples of many activities which can be taken up by the pensioners, such as teaching, traffic management, municipal management etc.
4. Secretary (Pension) also introduced the audience with the software Bhavishya, which this Department has launched for pension sanction and pension payment. He asked them to register themselves in this software. He also gave his Email Ids to Participants stating that if they have any technical problem with the software they are free to write him and further directed NIC-DoPPW to open a new Email i.e. email@example.com for the specific use of Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare.
5. It was followed by a presentation on SANKALP by JS (Pension) who mentioned that to carry forward the energy and experience of retired officials of central government , a platform called SANKALP is initiated where their skill can be utilized into meaningful activities voluntarily. Under Sankalp 16 NGOs are registered. This platform will coordinate retirees with the NGOs. Thereafter, Quality Council of India (QCI), STEP Trekkers, DNIPCARE, HelpAge India and STOP mentioned their activities and how the retiring employees can engage themselves in these activities. Thereafter, there was an open interaction of the retirees with the participating NGOs outside the Conference Hall. 101 Participants have registered themselves for the activities of these NGOs.
6. The workshop reassembled and a presentation was made by Joint Secretary (Pension) on Anubhav which is created for sharing the experience of working with government by retiree. The presentation was followed by the open session in which some of the retiring employees shared their views with the participants.
7. Hon’ble MOS (PP) thereafter presented the Anubhav Awards to the winners. In his massage to the Workshop, Hon’ble MOS suggested that our policy towards retires should be two pronged. While there should be emphasis on the one hand on pre-retirement awareness of the retirees, it is equally necessary that they are engaged in constructive activities post-retirement. The Hon’ble MOS stress that government and governance cannot be separated from society. Therefore, the experience shared by the retiring employee under Anubhav is important for the society as well as the government.