General Provident Fund (GPF) and Other Similar Funds Interest Rate at 8.1% w.e.f. 1st April, 2016 to 30th June, 2016: Finmin Resolution
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
F. No. 5(1)-B(PD)/2016
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, Dated the 2nd June, 2016.
It is announced for general information that during the year 2016-17, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.1% (Eight point one per cent) w.e.f. 1st April, 2016 to 30th June, 2016. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1St April, 2016. The funds concerned are:
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The India Ordinance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordinance Factories Workmen's Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen's Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
(H. K. Srivastav)